Dividing Lines The book of ‘Dividing Lines’ is being launched at the Photobook Café on the evenings of 11 and 12 January 2024, and accompanied by a pop-up exhibition of images from the project.
Frankie McAllister’s book ‘Dividing Lines’ is an essay responding to the effect of Brexit on Ireland and more specifically to the landscapes of Donegal, one of the border counties and a place she has strong connections with. Using the landscape as a metaphor, she has created images exploring the artificiality (and absurdity) of externally imposed borders, whether they are borders we impose on ourselves or those imposed from outside.
Runs: 11 – 12 January 2024
Open: Launch & Pop-up 11 January 6pm to 9 pm, 12 January 6pm to 9 pm
Also open for view on Saturday 13 January 1pm to 5pm
Private View: 11 and 12 January 6pm to 9pm
[photo Jonny Baker]
Blondin is an outdoor exhibition of photographs by Ealing LIP (London Independent Photography) illustrating the life of Blondin Park. We have discovered parts of the park and activities that have caught our imagination. They are on display on boards outdoors so you can view them at any time.
The exhibition will feature as part of this year's BEAT (Borough of Ealing Art Trail) which runs over the weekends of 9-10 Sept and 16-17 Sept, but will remain up for several months.
It is live now. So do visit!
The photographers taking part are:
Angelika Berndt art
Melissa Lestari Meigh
UNLOCKED: LOOKING BACK LOOKING FORWARD
- Vitality was the 34th LIP annual exhibition with a couple of group members taking part.
- Trickster Remakes This World was the group exhibition in 2022 as part of the Ealing BEAT art trail
- Angelika Berndt had an exhibtion Living Spaces in August 2022 on Fuertaventura
- Unlocked was the group exhibition in 2021 that is on the outside of Ealing Police Station (yes the outside!) and at the time of writing is still there 18 months on.
- LIP Chronicles was a LIP's annual exhibition but curated online and accompanied by a newspaper with some of Ealing group taking part
- Ray Higginbottom exhibited National Tresures (see below) at Fade to Black in St Albans early 2020
- Chris Moxey exhibited at Lauderdale House as part of the Thirteen collective from Nov 2019- Jan 2020
- Marie Fitzgerald had a solo show in the Ealing BEAT art trail at Hanwell's Fade to Black.
- Minako Iwatake had a solo show in Ealing BEAT 2019 called Bookshelf in Hanwell
- The Group had a show on the theme of Home in the Ealing BEAT art trail Sept 2019
- Chris Moxey had a show West End Girls and West End Boys at Fade to Black, Hanwell in August 2019
- Chris Moxey took part in the Thirteen collective's exhibition at Lauderdale House in London in January 2019
- Oblique Strategies was the group exhibition as part of BEAT 2018 held at St Mary's Church Ealing
- Ray Malcolm had an exhibition of portraits Stranger Couples at fade to Black in Hanwell as part of BEAT 2018
- Danilo Leonardi had a solo exhibition Counting The Steps on the Pavement at lauderdale House in August 2018
- Chris Moxey took part in the Thirteen collective's exhibition at the Croatian Embassy in London from 24 May to 15 June 2018
- Fabrizio Quagliuso had an exhibition in Tokyo from 8-15 April 2018 called I like Frogs Sometimes
- Frankie, Danilo and Dorta took part in the LIP Central group exhibition from 3-8 April in the Espacio gallery
- Ray Higginbottom had a solo show at the National Trust venue Cliveden - National Treasures - in Jan/Feb 2018
- Several group members exhibited in the annual LIP exhibition in December 2017 at Truman Brewery
- Three small groups from Ealing LIP took turns in Oct, Nov and Dec 2017 to exhibit in Artisan Coffee in Ealing Broadway
- Chris Moxey took part in Thirteen at Lauderdale House in October 2017
- The group had a group exhibition TAG as part of Ealing BEAT 2017
- Congratulations to Danilo Leonardi who won one of the categories in the annual Lauderdale House photography competition in August 2017
- A group of members got together to display their collection of images gleaned from walking around London’s waterways – the local canals and further afield, the Thames estuary in June and July 2017 at the Dominion in Southall
- Chris Moxey is part of a group called Thirteen who had an exhibition at the Croatian Embassy, from May 25th until June 26th 2017
- Alex Arnaoudov had a solo exhibition Monoscapes at For Arts Sake in Ealing in July 2016
- Chris Moxey took part in Thirteen at the Croatian Embassy in June 2016
- The group exhibited in Artisan coffee shop on Ealing Brawny from Oct - Dec 2015
- The group took part in two exhibits at the first ever St Marys Rd festival in Sept 2015
- Chris Moxey took part in Thirteen at Lauderdale House in May 2015
- The group exhibited over 3 months at the start of 2015 in Artisan Coffee shop in Ealing.
- Exposed was an exhibition by Alex Arnaoudov at For Arts Sake in Ealing in Jan-Feb 2015.
- Hondureno was an exhibition by Angelika Berndt at the Honduran Embassy in London in Sept-Oct 2014
- Anita Duggal showed W5, an exhibition in and about Ealing Village in Sept 2014
- Memory, a group exhibition at St Mary's Ealing Sept 2014
- Members had work in the Ealing Open 2014 exhibition at the PM Gallery
- A group showcase in Ealing library June 2014
- Members had work in the 25th LIP Annual Exhibition
- Small Adventures was the Ealing group exhibition at Pitshanger Manor Gallery. See flyer front and back.
- Chris Kirkpatrick and Angelika Berndt took part in the London Villages Project
- Fabrizio's exhibition Shine on Japan in the Electric Coffee Co in Ealing
- Some members had work in the 24th Annual LIP exhibition
- Chris Moxey took part in the 2012 Lauderdale House exhibition
- Perception was the Ealing LIP group 2012 Exhibition.
- Angelika Berndt took part in a Dance Photography exhibition in June 2012
- Several group members exhibited in the Ealing Open Exhibition at Pitzhanger Manor Gallery in March and April 2012.
- Angelika Berndt exhibited at Open Ealing in March 2012 documenting artists at work there.
- Fabrizio Quagliuso had his first exhibtion  Shine on Japan at the launch of matchboxmedia collective.
- Chris Hirsch and Chris Moxey had work in the Laurderdale House annual exhibition
- Lives the 2010 Ealing Lip group exhibition.
- Brentford Fragments by Brigitte Flock at the Musical Museum May 2010
- West End Boys and West End Girls by Chris Moxey at Lauderdale House June 2010
- Landscape of Desire by Jonny Baker and Cheryl Lawrie in the Adelaide Festival Fringe 2010
- Several group members exhibited in the Ealing Open Exhibition March 2010
- 21st Annual LIP exhibition which included a tribute to Tony Mayne
- Paint it White in Shoreditch featuring work by Chris Moxey
- Lauderdale House Annual exhibition which Chris Moxey won a prize at.
- Acton Arts Forum Summer Show 2009 featuring work by Vinette Campbell
- Stations of the Cross featuring work by Jonny Baker Easter 2009
- Heritage, the Grand Union Canal from Southall to Brentford by Brigitte Flock Feb-Mar 2009
- London Independent Photography 20th Annual Exhibtion featuring work by Ed Lee and Chris Moxey, October 2008
- Ways of Seeing featuring work by Brigitte Flock and Julie Long September 2008
- On Your Doorstep, the 2008 Ealing LIP group exhibition
- Champions-elect by Ed Lee, August 2008
- Lauderdale House Annual Exhibition featuring work by Chris Moxette and Brigitte Flock, August 2008
- This Precious Earth featuring work by Brigitte Flock, July 2008
- Sporting Ealing featuring work by 10 group members, June 2008
- Beyond the Wilderness featuring work by Jonny Baker, February 2008
- 19th Annual Lip Exhibition featuring work by several members, October 2007
- Oh That's Richmond by Howard Murray
- Who are we? featuring work by 8 members of the group, May 2007
- Visual Arts Exhibition featuring work by Vinette Campbell, June 2007
- Female Connections by Vinette Campbell, April 2007
- Ealing In A Different Light- the first Ealing LIP group exhibition Feb-Apr 2007