We tend to think of ‘home’ as a haven, somewhere we can retreat to after a busy or stressful day. It’s where our family, our partners, our familiar faces and favourite things are… where we can feel secure among the bricks and mortar of our domestic bliss. But it can be more complex than that. Some feel tied down by this image of home, with a longing to escape the over-familiar and make new memories elsewhere; for the elderly, loneliness can be an issue… and increasingly, contemporary times suggest other stories; home is a luxury some just do not have. The world is changing and for many the notion of home is changing too. Photographers from Ealing LIP reflect on what ‘home’ means to them.
At The Rickyard, Walpole Park, from 6th - 15th September.
Fri 6th, 12 - 7pm; Sat 7th & Sun 8th, 12 - 6pm
Mon 9th to Thurs 12th, 12 - 5pm; Fri 13th, 12 -7pm; Sat 14th & Sun 15th, 12 - 6pm
Longing for home
For some of us home is a place we take for granted, somewhere we can return to - but for others in the world, conflict or occupation has meant they have had to flee their home and are unable to return. They make home in a new place but still have memories of home from their homeland and a longing or an ache for it. Many Palestinians who have been exiled from their homes carry a key to remember home, and as a sign of their longing. This workshop will be a chance to hear stories of home, exile and longing. Facilitated by Jonny Baker whose photo ‘The Key’ is in the exhibition. The Rickyard, 4pm, Saturday 14th Sept.
Your camera and your curiosity are all you need! Join exhibitors Brigitte Flock and Chris Moxey for a local photowalk. This is not a technical session, just a fun way to enjoy photography with like-minded people and perhaps be inspired by something you may not have noticed before. Duration approximately 1.5 hours. Meet at the Rickyard, 1pm, Saturday 7th Sept
Insta Challenge: Home
Participate in the Ealing LIP BEAT 2019 project and see your own photographs become part of the exhibition. Use the hashtag #LIPBEATHOME to tag your Instagram picture on the theme ‘home’ and every day we’ll pick the best one to print and display in the gallery at The Rickyard! Coordinated by Ray Malcolm.
A family activity for 5-10 year olds accompanied by one adult.
We will explore a variety of materials and basic techniques, which will stimulate creativity and imagination, enabling participants to create their own unique piece of either a collage or a scrapbook's first page! Bring along your favourite printed photographs or cut out from magazines, a poem, or any other special little thing you would like to be on your creation. We will use buttons, feathers, natural items (eg. wood, flowers, leaves), coloured cards, fabrics, and more. Please be aware that the nature of this activity means a little mess should be expected, so wear clothes that you don't mind getting dirty. Facilitated by Bea Maccarrone at The Rickyard, 2.30-4.30 pm, Sunday 8th Sept
Sat 7th - Photowalk with Brig and Moxey 1-2.30pm
Sun 8th – Bea, scrapbooks/collage drop in between 2-4pm – ages 5-10, must be accompanied by one adult.
Sat 14th – Jonny: Longing for Home – 4pm
Ongoing throughout the exhibition – Ray’s Instagram event
Marie Fitzgerald Photography
Marie is exhibiting at Fade to Black coffee shop during BEAT 2019 which is open daily. The show runs until 15 Sept.
Minako Iwatake has a show The Bookshelf at The Clock Tower Café, 151 Uxbridge Road, Hanwell, London W7 3SP and it is open from 6-15th September, from 8am - 7pm each day.
- Chris Moxey had a show West End Girls and West End Boys at Fade to Black, Hanwell in August 2019
- Chris Moxey took part in the Thirteen collective's exhibition at Lauderdale House in London in January 2019
- Oblique Strategies was the group exhibition as part of BEAT 2018 held at St Mary's Church Ealing
- Ray Malcolm had an exhibition of portraits Stranger Couples at fade to Black in Hanwell as part of BEAT 2018
- Danilo Leonardi had a solo exhibition Counting The Steps on the Pavement at lauderdale House in August 2018
- Chris Moxey took part in the Thirteen collective's exhibition at the Croatian Embassy in London from 24 May to 15 June 2018
- Fabrizio Quagliuso had an exhibition in Tokyo from 8-15 April 2018 called I like Frogs Sometimes
- Frankie, Danilo and Dorta took part in the LIP Central group exhibition from 3-8 April in the Espacio gallery
- Ray Higginbottom had a solo show at the National Trust venue Cliveden - National Treasures - in Jan/Feb 2018
- Several group members exhibited in the annual LIP exhibition in December 2017 at Truman Brewery
- Three small groups from Ealing LIP took turns in Oct, Nov and Dec 2017 to exhibit in Artisan Coffee in Ealing Broadway
- Chris Moxey took part in Thirteen at Lauderdale House in October 2017
- The group had a group exhibition TAG as part of Ealing BEAT 2017
- Congratulations to Danilo Leonardi who won one of the categories in the annual Lauderdale House photography competition in August 2017
- A group of members got together to display their collection of images gleaned from walking around London’s waterways – the local canals and further afield, the Thames estuary in June and July 2017 at the Dominion in Southall
- Chris Moxey is part of a group called Thirteen who had an exhibition at the Croatian Embassy, from May 25th until June 26th 2017
- Alex Arnaoudov had a solo exhibition Monoscapes at For Arts Sake in Ealing in July 2016
- Chris Moxey took part in Thirteen at the Croatian Embassy in June 2016
- The group exhibited in Artisan coffee shop on Ealing Brawny from Oct - Dec 2015
- The group took part in two exhibits at the first ever St Marys Rd festival in Sept 2015
- Chris Moxey took part in Thirteen at Lauderdale House in May 2015
- The group exhibited over 3 months at the start of 2015 in Artisan Coffee shop in Ealing.
- Exposed was an exhibition by Alex Arnaoudov at For Arts Sake in Ealing in Jan-Feb 2015.
- Hondureno was an exhibition by Angelika Berndt at the Honduran Embassy in London in Sept-Oct 2014
- Anita Duggal showed W5, an exhibition in and about Ealing Village in Sept 2014
- Memory, a group exhibition at St Mary's Ealing Sept 2014
- Members had work in the Ealing Open 2014 exhibition at the PM Gallery
- A group showcase in Ealing library June 2014
- Members had work in the 25th LIP Annual Exhibition
- Small Adventures was the Ealing group exhibition at Pitshanger Manor Gallery. See flyer front and back.
- Chris Kirkpatrick and Angelika Berndt took part in the London Villages Project
- Fabrizio's exhibition Shine on Japan in the Electric Coffee Co in Ealing
- Some members had work in the 24th Annual LIP exhibition
- Chris Moxey took part in the 2012 Lauderdale House exhibition
- Perception was the Ealing LIP group 2012 Exhibition.
- Angelika Berndt took part in a Dance Photography exhibition in June 2012
- Several group members exhibited in the Ealing Open Exhibition at Pitzhanger Manor Gallery in March and April 2012.
- Angelika Berndt exhibited at Open Ealing in March 2012 documenting artists at work there.
- Fabrizio Quagliuso had his first exhibtion  Shine on Japan at the launch of matchboxmedia collective.
- Chris Hirsch and Chris Moxey had work in the Laurderdale House annual exhibition
- Lives the 2010 Ealing Lip group exhibition.
- Brentford Fragments by Brigitte Flock at the Musical Museum May 2010
- West End Boys and West End Girls by Chris Moxey at Lauderdale House June 2010
- Landscape of Desire by Jonny Baker and Cheryl Lawrie in the Adelaide Festival Fringe 2010
- Several group members exhibited in the Ealing Open Exhibition March 2010
- 21st Annual LIP exhibition which included a tribute to Tony Mayne
- Paint it White in Shoreditch featuring work by Chris Moxey
- Lauderdale House Annual exhibition which Chris Moxey won a prize at.
- Acton Arts Forum Summer Show 2009 featuring work by Vinette Campbell
- Stations of the Cross featuring work by Jonny Baker Easter 2009
- Heritage, the Grand Union Canal from Southall to Brentford by Brigitte Flock Feb-Mar 2009
- London Independent Photography 20th Annual Exhibtion featuring work by Ed Lee and Chris Moxey, October 2008
- Ways of Seeing featuring work by Brigitte Flock and Julie Long September 2008
- On Your Doorstep, the 2008 Ealing LIP group exhibition
- Champions-elect by Ed Lee, August 2008
- Lauderdale House Annual Exhibition featuring work by Chris Moxette and Brigitte Flock, August 2008
- This Precious Earth featuring work by Brigitte Flock, July 2008
- Sporting Ealing featuring work by 10 group members, June 2008
- Beyond the Wilderness featuring work by Jonny Baker, February 2008
- 19th Annual Lip Exhibition featuring work by several members, October 2007
- Oh That's Richmond by Howard Murray
- Who are we? featuring work by 8 members of the group, May 2007
- Visual Arts Exhibition featuring work by Vinette Campbell, June 2007
- Female Connections by Vinette Campbell, April 2007
- Ealing In A Different Light- the first Ealing LIP group exhibition Feb-Apr 2007