Previous month:
September 2019
Next month:
February 2020

January 2020

2020 vision

EalingLip1

The first meeting of the year was a great start to the year.

[Monika at Pride by Chris Bellinger | Ray by Jonny Baker | Alyssa by Chris Bellinger | Propect Wood by Jonny Baker]

Various members brought favourite photos from 2019. See above for a few examples.

On instagram and twitter there was a popular hashtag #decadechallenge - where people posted a photo of themselves 10 years ago and now. A few members joined in and brought their own decade challenge which was good fun.

Then we also planned out the year ahead. Whilst there may of course be changes this is what it currently looks like

  • January - planning and share photos 
  • February - BEAT ideas, team and planning - Jonny facilitate
  • March - visit exhibition and discuss related theme (exhibition yet to be decided)
  • April - Zine + presentation on putting book project together - Fabrizio facilitate with Angelika
  • May - abstract/impressionist - Chris B and Richard M to facilitate
  • June - urban interventions (and treasure hunt?) - Jonny to facilitate 
  • July - making strange - Arun and Fabrizio to facilitate
  • August - travel - ?facilitator?
  • Sept - BEAT launch/opening
  • Oct - the Corners (book in which layered photos are constructed) - ?facilitator?
  • Nov - show zine (or book) results that we have produced from inspiration in March - ?facilitator?
  • Dec - Christmas meal

We also had some things that were discussed that didn’t land on LIP evenings. These were: 

  • Large format workshop - Robin to organise and host
  • Woodland visit - Jonny to organise and host (round May time?)
  • Instagram takeover - ?needs thought but could tie in with exhibition or a particular hashtag?

aritmia

[photo from Aritmia by Fabrizio Quagliuso]

Fabrizio also brought a copy of Aritmia to show which has been a two year project in the making of a beautiful book. You can read about it and purchase copies on his web site.


We are meeting Jan 8th this month

We usually meet on the first Weds of the month but as it is new year's day we won't be in January. We will meet the following Weds - Jan 8th. Our usual venue is booked so we will be meeting at a group member's home instead. We have emailed all members to let them know but if you are planning to come and did not get that please get in touch via email - see contact email in the sidebar on the right hand side of the page. Hope to see you then!