We are a satellite of London Independent Photography and a forum for both amateurs and professional photographers. Our activities are designed to bring together photographers with different levels of interests and expertise who are interested in developing their personal approach to photography and improving their skills.
The group meet regularly and informally to talk about each other's work and to swap notes and experiences.
We recently spent some time reflecting where the group was up to. Out of that we came up with these as aspirations of the group...
- It's to share practice and get feedback on photos and personal projects.
- It's held together by passion for photography.
- It's to break isolation.
- It's to learn from others, broaden experience, and contribute to others.
- It's welcoming for all levels of experience.
We would like the following to happen...
- Share photos and receive feedback in depth rather than superficially - to aid this suggested a focus on one or two people a time which is planned ahead of time.
- People to share what inspires them.
- Talks/presentations from within the group or from those outside.
- Workshops on things of interest/relevant to the group.
- Go out on shoots or projects with a few others to learn from one another.
- Challenges/shoots as a group
- Exhibit either as a group or small groups
- Share news of exhibitions and what's happening elsewhere
So that will shape the direction over the next year or so...
The annual LIP exhibition runs from October 22 - November 3 at the Strand Gallery. Some Ealing group members have photos exhibited. See here for details.
The group meets on the first Tuesday of every month. Get in touch if you are interested in coming along.
If you have any enquiries or would like to get in touch with us, you can do so at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as we can.